Sunday, April 12, 2009

You may have noticed

That I am a pessimist. Yes, I am a glass half empty kind of girl. Then when the glass turns out to be 5/8 full, yay!

Currently, we're sitting a little better than 5/8 full, it's probably closer to 3/4 full. Enough with the fractions! What was I rambling about...

Right, the glass is fuller than previously anticipated. We had the first ultrasound on Friday. We (I'm using "we" a little loosely here, the doctor did most of the work) found a gestational sac firmly in uterus (so not ectopic). It was a little small based on LMP date, but it was spot on considering that I did ovulate until CD 19. We also found a "primitive little yolk sac." I'm imagining a cave baby inventing the wheel and discovering fire. So, while there is still concern over the numbers, it is less of a concern. This means we get another ultrasound next Friday. The vampire that works in the RE's office also took some more blood, because why not, my arm is there and I already look like a heroin addict (due to arm bruising, not gauntness & general lack of hygiene).

One interesting finding was a spot that couldn't be positively identified. The doctor said it might be fluid or it might have been a twin that was blighted. So, if that's the case, it could explain the numbers going wonky.

No comments: