Friday, April 3, 2009

The Pug is on the Lose

Well, folks, we've moved and apparently gotten knocked up and all of this hasn't phased Emma puggins one little bit. Oh, except it's easier to escape the kitchen and cause chaos during the day at the new house.

I'm one of those mean dog owners that keeps the dogs confined to one area of the house while I'm away at work, because, well, it keeps the mess down. Besides, the way I figure it, they sleep all day anyway. Why do they need the whole house to do that? Also, this little temporary imprisonment gives the cat some reprieve from Emma chasing her everytime she needs to pee.

Emma on the other hand thinks she does need the whole house. More accurately, she thinks she needs to be able to chase the cat through the whole house. It just kills her that the cat gets the living room and bathroom while she's confined to the kitchen.

At the old house I would slide the microwave cart in front of the baby gate, and voila insta-prison. We have a different set up at this house, though and since I no longer leave through the back door, and have to cross over the baby gate to leave the house, I can't roll anything in front of it. So, for the past 4 days Emma has hopped the gate and Waldo has in his Emma-less boredom tore the trash can all to hell. Today I had a brilliant plan to put an end to this non-sense. I would put a chair in front of the gate to stop Emma hopping it, then I'd also put the trash can in the dining room where the dogs couldn't reach it. It was a good plan. Except, I underestimated Emma's desire to be free. She hopped the gate, chair and all. Then, because Waldo was unable to do the deed she got onto the chair and got everything out of the trash. Bitch!

So, we're back at square one. I'm thinking we give up on this silly notion of confining the poochies. G wants to put them in the garage. (It's attached and heated and we don't park in it)

What do you think dear internets, garage or freedom? or maybe you know of a better plan?

1 comment:

Callie said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading after work craziness and my time away, so I just read your news. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you.