Monday, February 9, 2009

Fertility Shuffle

I picked this idea up from Callie over at May the Road Rise http://roadrise.wordpress.com/ and thought I'd give it a go...

Skip through your randomized playlist, and each consecutive song that comes up is the answer to the following questions in order:

1. The song for the you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility: Never There by Cake... Kind of fitting, actually. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to have children and I also knew from a young age that it would not be quite as easy as health class made it sound. I was still in high school when my "lady troubles" began and I started puberty at five and took experimental drugs to stop it. So, my fertility has been in the back of my mind since I started my period when I was 10.

2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again? Prayer by Rick Ross... Hmmm, not sure what kind of meaning to read into this, seeing how I never took my fertility for granted. I guess I'd pray for God's wisdom about it?

3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments: Baby Come On by +44... Well, that just about sums it up!

4. What did infertility do to your sex life? To the End by My Chemical Romance... Again, just about sums it up. It really sucks to have to do when you're fighting or whatever. It's draining you don't want to do it when you don't "have to." Or at least that's us.

5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals? Take What You Take by Lily Allen... I guess use what works for you and leave the rest?

6. How about “alternative” treatments, from cough syrup and pineapple to acupuncture and ‘body workers’? Enid by the Barenaked Ladies... Right I'm spinning again that just doesn't make any sense. Break Your Heart by the Barenaked Ladies... Again, nailed it.

7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet? Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends by Fall Out Boy... I swear I didn't fudge that one! That's pretty much my feelings on it, too. I've "dumped" "friends" who just didn't get it and weren't supportive. I give a lot to my friends and expect the same in return...

8. Your song for other people’s baby showers: Call and Answer by the Barenaked Ladies... Hmmm, also fitting. In my infertility nightmare, I have thrown three baby showers and attended countless others. I try to put my shit aside and be happy for my loved ones. Sometimes I'm not always great at it, but I always try.

9. What about our scary friend hope? Emotion Sickness by Silverchair... Gee whiz I have an eclectic library (I actually hate this song)! Yeah, Emotion Sickness, that pretty well describes it to a T.

10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey: Typical Situation by the Dave Matthews Band... OK, I cheated again, the first one was Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground, but come one, I just told you sex really isn't so great during all this so I found it a bit inappropriate. Typical Situation isn't the best theme song (well, the song is awesome, but you know what I meant), but I guess it does fit. I'm certainly not alone in this and what I'm going through is a pretty typical IF battle.

Well, now you all know how eclectic my musical tastes are. Thanks for the idea Callie!

No comments: