Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fertility Friend is a Whore

and not the nice, here's an O for some cash kind, either. More like the, hey let me tease you for a month and charge you for it kind.

I used the Fertility Friend for charting because I'm too anal to try to write/draw my charts and I like to take control away from me wherever possible on stuff like that. So this month I re-incorporated temps in addition to the cervical mucus/position charting because I didn't have enough pieces of data to over analyze. So, last month I had the trigger shot and the whole timing bit was scheduled for me, which I'll admit was really nice. But this being a non-treatment cycle required more analysis of the signs and I'm really quite certain that I ovulated on my own (yay!). Which is great.

What does this have to do with the whorishness of Fertility Friend? Well, I have a premium membership. How great is that, for a minimal fee you can add things to obsess over! One of the "benefits" of a premium membership is that they add a "pregnancy monitor" which pops up after ovulation. It tells you great things like if you screwed enough during your window (I did...), and what the liklihood is that you're pregnant. This is based on lots of info, not just the screwing, but OH MY GOD! Last month this thing was all 80% and I was all Yay! and no... So now it's sitting on 79% and I'm all "you're a liar" so we'll see...

No comments: