Sunday, November 9, 2008

Barak Obama kills babies?

Or so thinks Big C, who is five by the way. He completely refuses to disclose where he heard this, but I'm outraged that someone would have the audacity to tell a five year old that the president kills babies, regardless of their opinion of the president. Is it true? Well, sure in a round about way. But, that's not the point. When I was five my biggest worry was learning to read, or if my sister had cut the hair of my baby dolls again (she likely had...). The president, abortion and politics in general were not even in my remote realm of conscienceness, let alone an actual worry.



Maybe it's just me, but I think it's completely unfair to place this kind of burden on such a small child. Especially Big C, just because I know how intense he is. This kid is genuinely concerned. He wants to know how the babies are killed, when the babies are killed and if his brother is in danger of being killed by Barak Obama. G tried to give him the most scaled down possible version the truth, but he shouldn't have to. This isn't something Big C should never have heard to begin with. What kind of monster steals innocence from a child to promote their agenda. It's completely reprehensible to me.



These are not little adults running around, they don't need to know what's going on in the world and they sure as shit don't need to know that the world is a big scary place just waiting to devour them. Five year olds need to know 1) their family loves them and will always love them, 2) Jesus loves them and 3) they are safe. That's it. They don't need to know about abortion or laws about who can use which bathroom and it's downright wrong to burden them with these grown up problems.

No comments: